Welcome

Apr 29, 2016

Big Fish!


If you asked what my FAVORITE pastime would be, the answer is hands down fishing. 
Weird? 
I know, it might be, but it's true! I love to fish. When we retire- if that ever happens! I want to fish a.lot! We used to go all the time when it was just Randall and I, he may have won me over when we were dating by taking me fishing. I just love sitting outside in the quiet, anticipating that tug on the line. I also love being by the water, soaking in the fresh air! It's all very therapeutic to me! 
A few weekends ago we loaded up the kids and took a day trip to Howe, to see my Sister-in-laws family, our old dog Cruz, and go fishing. It was fantastic, one of our favorite weekends this year. No cell service, no distractions, just family.  We spend the entire day together talking, laughing, we caught tons of HUGE fish, and just enjoyed the windy Idaho weather. 
The first line I tossed in I caught this beauty... 
 ... and it swallowed my hook and died. :(
We don't like to eat or keep the fish, so we just toss them back in. (Unless they die, then we give them to the dog!) 
As soon as we got there Paige caught the first fish and never stopped! Reese and Addison probably caught the biggest, they were all SO big! 
Randall & Richard didn't mean to dress a like- but they always do! They spent the day running back and forth helping the kids (and Nancy and I)  get the fish off the lines! 
They never stopped running!! 
This is Mason bringing in a BIG one!
 Mack was amazing, he caught so many I couldn't believe it! 
Below, these fish look all the same, but they are actually different catches! (Promise!) 

Mr. Ridge sat in his stroller and watched everyone. He is the sweetest when he is outside. 
Bo, Leighton, and Kellen ran up and down the bank all day! I didn't even get a picture of Leighton! 
Miss Carmen was very persistent! She was the only one who did not catch a fish, but she insisted on doing it herself, with her little pole, and never gave up! I tried really hard to help her catch one with my pole- but she wouldn't have it! She's a little stubborn! 
 Howe is so pretty, its farmland as far as you can see. (Seriously that is it!) We were able to fish on my Brother-In-laws private pond so that is why we caught such big fish. The kids are still talking about it! 

Fishing in Howe spoils us, when we go fishing anywhere else it's never quite as exciting! 
 We look forward to going every year! 

No comments:

© Candy Rain Theme 2017
By Cherry Templates.
Candy Rain