Welcome

May 20, 2016

10 years...

If you have read my blog for very long than this post will look somewhat familiar. Every year on April 20th we go to the Annis Cemetery where Randall's dad, Mark is buried. He passed away 10 years ago from Bladder Cancer, he was old 54 years old and one of the greatest Men I have ever known. 
Ten years ago sounds like a long time, but it seems like it all just happened. Ten years went by faster than I ever imagined it would. 
Grandpa Mark passed away before he was able to meet majority of his grandchildren, at that time there was only 3, now there are 15. Each of them know him now and we talk about him as much as we can, but more than anything we just miss him. 

We send balloons to him on this day every year- rain, snow, wind, or shine. The kids love this tradition, as do I. I look forward to it every year. This year the weather was beautiful and for the first time ever the balloons floated straight up- instead of being blown in whatever direction, and we could see them for a long time! It was perfect. That blue sky was pretty amazing. 

This was Ridge's first time and he didn't know quite what to think about it! He sat there and watched the balloons the whole time without making a sound! I think he knew his grandpa pretty well before he came, and I think Mark had a hard time letting him come. I mean, how could he not!!



 I'm so thankful for this family I gained, my Mother-in-law is amazing, and I hope to be half the wife/mother/grandma she is to all of us.  I'm also most grateful for my husband, who reminds us all so much of his dad. 

No comments:

© Candy Rain Theme 2017
By Cherry Templates.
Candy Rain